ESPORT is an Essential Skills assessment and planning tool to help people prepare for entry level occupations. ESPORT with PLATO Essential Skills Online offers a supported learning program tailored to each of over four hundred occupations.
Learning and entering information are a click away 24-7. The tools and resources are organized, integrated, and immediately available.
Clients work on their individual programs in the classroom, at their home computers, and on their smart phones.
- Personal Home Page. See assignments, announcements, job-search, messages, and completed tasks - all from a single page.
- Interest Inventory. Suggests occupations based on your interests and level of education.
- Skills Assessment. Compares your skill levels with skills required for the occupations chosen.
- Portfolio Builder. Demonstrate how your skills match requirements in targeted occupations.
- Resume Generator. Combines information from Portfolio and Home Page in a resume customized to the job you are seeking.
- Document Storage. Keep certificates, diplomas, and testimonials in a file - ready to attach to cover letters or send to your employer. *
- Learning Plan. List assignments and note completions. "How close am I to my goal?"
Trained Facilitators track and supervise their clients.
- Attendance. On-site and separately to remote computers.*
- Online Learning Materials. Including PLATO Essential Skills Online and HRSDC's Authentic Materials.
- Study Groups."Members only" groups for clients working towards similar objectives; e.g. "Health Care". *
- Library. An evolving feature containing links and information related to Essential Skills, employment, and apprenticeship.
- Facilitator 'Dashboard'. One or two clicks from nearly everything you want to know - about individuals or groups.
Administrators follow and report on activities and outcomes.
- Customized Reports. On demand reports - individual, group, or system-wide - real time or scheduled.*
- Schedules. Posts weekly/monthly schedules of facilitator assignments at multiple sites.*
- News/Announcements. Facilitators or management post announcements of local interest.
- Activity Tracking: Track time-on-task, on-site attendance, facilitator/client communication (excluding "confidential dialogue"), employer interviews, portfolios in progress, etc.*
- Administrator "Dashboard". This is where the Manager lands when logging in - one or two clicks from everything she wants to view or process.
* Coming Soon